Recurrence Scholarship Program
to provide travel support for Ph.D. Students
to attend the 8th International Symposium on Recurrence Plots
Call for Nominations
To support the professional development of Ph.D. students working in the field of nonlinear dynamics and recurrence plots, this year’s conference committee will offer travel support for up to 15 students to attend the 8th International Symposium on Recurrence Plots. Individual scholarships of up to ¥7000 (approx. €900) will be made. These scholarships can be used for travel, lodging, and registration expenses. Awardees will need to submit receipts for reimbursement after attending the conference.
- Application materials should be submitted to the 2019 Recurrence Scholarship Committee at least three months prior to the conference start date.
- Students will be notified of award decisions within one month.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- The student's research must relate directly to nonlinear dynamics and recurrence plots.
- The student must attend the 8th International Symposium on Recurrence Plots, and present a paper or poster in the symposium.
- Supported students may be asked to offer some assistance to the symposium organizers at the symposium. This may require up to four hours of their time at the symposium.
Application materials should include
- A description of the student's research objectives in the field of nonlinear dynamics and recurrence plots and how this research will advance the field.
- The student's current curriculum vitae.
- A support letter from a faculty member who is familiar with the student's research.
- A statement of up to 500 words describing the details on how the scholarship will be spent to attend the symposium and the current status in the Ph.D. program (major, university, and the remaining years to complete the degree etc.).
The above materials should be submitted via email within a single PDF binder file to email@example.com, with the email subject line "Your name — Your University — recurrence scholarship"
Dr. Hui Yang, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA
Dr. Honggeng Zhou, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, Zhenjiang, China
Recurrence Scholarship Committee